Westmoreland Manor is seeking applicants for the position of Recreation Technician. The purpose of this position is to develop, coordinate, and conduct recreational activities for residents. Job duties to include but are not exclusive or all-inclusive:
• Documents and programs therapeutic activities to meet the needs of residents
• Provides leadership for one or more groups of residents during recreation activities, which includes responsibility to residents on field trips outside of the facility
• Reinforces behavior modification programs
• Drafts and implements individualized recreation and activity plans to meet the needs of residents; maintains documentation in accordance with regulatory agencies
• Reinforcing and monitoring the psychological, cognitive, and physical progress of residents; documents pertinent observations
• Directs non-professional personnel and volunteer workers who assist in conducting group activities; recruits volunteer workers and conducts in-service training
• Transports residents as required
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field including or supplemented with courses related to therapeutic recreation; or, and equivalent combination of experience and education in Occupational or Recreational Therapy. Must also be certified or eligible to be certified by the National Activity Educational Certification or Pennsylvania Therapeutic Recreation Society, or National Therapeutic Recreation preferred. CPR and basic First Aide knowledge and certification required, as well as a valid PA Driver’s License Class 2 or the ability to obtain such license.
County residency must be established within 180 days and maintained throughout employment. Resumes, applications should be sent to:
Lisa Harkins, Human Resource Manager
2480 South Grand Blvd
Greensburg, PA 15601
Or may be emailed to email@example.com
Applications must be received no later than April 5th, 2019. Emailed applications must place Recreation Technician in the subject line. EOE.
Source: Employment in Westmoreland