Press "Enter" to skip to content

Protect PT will host radon information workshop, offer sensor rentals

A radon reduction system is seen outside Jackie Nixon’s South Fayette condo in July. Nixon was diagnosed with stage 1 lung cancer several years ago and learned her condo had tested for radon well above the EPA’s recommended limit of 4 picocuries per liter.

Despite its prevalence in Western Pennsylvania, radon — the odorless, colorless gas that results from the breakdown of naturally occurring radioactive elements in soil and rocks — has been largely ignored even as it causes an estimated 21,000 deaths annually in the U.S, according to the American Lung Association.


Source: The Tribune-Review

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    %d bloggers like this: