Westmoreland County is seeking applicants for the position of Director of Records Management. The purpose of the position is to oversee and direct the retention, release and disposal of County Records and provide advice, and technical assistance to the Courts, Elected Officials and Department Heads concerning policies, regulations or standards for records management. Supervise department employees in the transfer and disposal of County Records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Acts as County Open Records Officer.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Plans, directs and administers all duties of the department including the Records Center, Scanning and Micrographics and Retention and Disposal.
2. Prepares department budget and monitors expenditures.
3. Authorizes payment of department expenses.
4. Supervises and directs department staff, provides coaching, discipline as necessary.
5. Reviews, develops and maintains departmental policies and procedures consistent with best practices for Records Management.
6. Prepares and enters employee payroll into payroll system; maintains related reports and necessary documents.
7. Serves as the Open Records Officer managing all Open Records requests and ensures compliance with State Law.
Westmoreland County offers an exceptional benefits package to include a defined pension plan, medical, dental and vision benefits, long term disability, life insurance, 13 paid holidays, sick, personal and vacation time.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in related field along with 2-4 yrs training in management and administration.
County residency must be established within 180 days and maintained throughout employment. Resumes and applications along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Collette M Coletta- Human Resource Coordinator
2 North Main Street
Greensburg, PA 15601
Or may be emailed to
Westmoreland County is an equal opportunity employer
Source: Employment in Westmoreland